Family Left Homeless By Christmas Day Fire

Advertisement

A Christmas Day house fire has left a Young family homeless.

Luke and Pam Reay were visiting Payson for Christmas when they got a call that their doublewide trailer had caught fire just after 4 p.m. Wednesday in the Hazelwood area of Young.

Pleasant Valley Fire District firefighter and Gila County Sheriff’s Office deputy B. Benne reported that the fire mostly burned the rear of the home and the carport, said Gila County Sheriff’s Lt. Tim Scott.

“They were spoken to on the phone and asked to return to the residence,” he said.

It is unclear how the fire started, but it is still under investigation.

The home is a total loss, Scott said.

The American Red Cross assisted the couple.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.