I’d like to update our supporters on a few things happening at Time Out, Inc.
• Just in case you haven’t heard, Time Out has a new van. Well, new to us anyway. It is a 14-passenger van with low mileage and in excellent condition. For more information, see the story in today’s Roundup on page 6A.
• Tips for taxpayers, right from the IRS: You can deduct travel expenses on your income tax while volunteering for a qualified charity, as long as your work is real and substantial to the charity. You cannot deduct the value of your time or services.
• Our Wine in the Pines with Diamonds tickets are going fast. Listen to KMOG’s community forum on July 30 to hear about how our senior population needs the services of both Time Out and the Senior Center. Feel free to go online to www.timeoutshelter.org and use your credit card to purchase tickets.
• Save the date of Oct. 26, 2013 for “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes: The Faith Community Leads the Way.” This event is co-sponsored by The Payson Christian Ministerial Fellowship. Amnesty International will also be assisting with activities and information.
• Did you know: This past fiscal year, Time Out served women and children from nine Arizona counties, four reservations and three states? Over 9,900 bed nights of safety, shelter and comprehensive programming were provided. We certainly couldn’t have done it without all of you. Not only financially, but also with 8,628 volunteer hours. And we are always looking for more volunteers. Just contact Edna at (928) 472-8007 if you have even an hour a week to share.
There is an old saying, “You can’t take it with you.” It really is only partially true. In fact, you can take something with you, the satisfaction of knowing that you left your possessions behind where they do the greatest good. Time Out now has implemented a Legacy Society, so that you can designate a gift of stock or other property to our endowment fund. Or you can notify us of a bequest in your will or as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. In that way, you can continue the mission of Time Out and make miracles happen, just like this family:
“I want to tell you how much I appreciate you. I am so grateful for the services and resources provided at Time Out. Thank you so much for believing in me as a mom and having faith in myself as a woman that I can better myself, my situation and the lives of my beautiful daughters. We love you all!”
What a wonderful difference all of your support has made.