Gosar Has To Go

Just finished reading Paul Gosar’s comments from yet another Tea Party meeting about the failure of the U.S. government and the economy. Mr. Gosar failed to mention another failure — his own. In the three years he has represented Payson, and Gila County, it has fallen further behind the rest the state in recovery from the great recession. Mr. Gosar’s solution, at every turn, is to politicize the situation.

Dogmatic speeches for the party faithful, the Tea Party in particular, never offer any real solutions. Not one bill that I am aware of has been passed specifically for the welfare, or economic benefit of the residents of Northern Gila County. Not one job has been created by this man in Payson with a real unemployment rate of anywhere from 12 to 15 percent.

We have watched with great pain and sorrow people moving out, having lost their homes, their businesses, and every dime they have had. What reaction from the congressman? Nothing.

So how does Mr. Gosar spend his time? He never fails to miss a vote when there is a political point to be made. He spent about a year trying to get Attorney General Eric Holder to resign because his handlers at the NRA were desperate to rid themselves of anyone looking into the gun trade.

Oh yes, the NRA is Gosar’s rich uncle. He has taken thousands of their dollars either directly, or through third-party PACs. When I pointed this out to him on his official government Facebook Web site, I was banned along with many others. These people did not curse at him, or threaten him, they just disagreed with him. So much for Gosar’s respect for the First Amendment.

Gosar sent out a letter recently. In it was no discussion of bills he was working on for Payson. No, he took some tax dollars to write a missive on how we need to fear the “gun takers” and the federal government. That’s right, the same guy who is worried about debt, abuses the system to send out a personal political diatribe. It’s message: we should keep guns if we need to commit treason against the very government that defeated Hitler and freed the slaves.

So why is this important? Times are hard, we need real help; not empty, dividing political speeches.

Paul Gosar has failed to serve his constituents while patronizing those on the far right. His lack of effectiveness, blatant Tea Party hectoring disqualify him from Congress. Gosar has to go.

John Hansel

Comments

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 1 week ago

Mr. Hansel, I find it rather puzzling that you would take the position that Rep. Gosar "has to go" in light of his supposed 'failures" while he has been in his current position since 2011. If you would like to compare "failures" perhaps we should examine the current President and his administration. Currently there are 4,300,000 Americans on welfare, 46,700,000 on food stamps, 5,600,000 on un-employment insurance. The percentage of Americans on welfare is 4.1% and costs $131.9 billion each year. Now I am going to take a wild guess here, but I would suspect that you would lay blame for those statistics on the likes of Mr. Gosar as opposed to the current administration that has been in power since 2008, with both the White House, the Senate, and the House (for the first 2 years). When I read views such as yours, I can hardly contain my astonishment as to how easily people of certain political ideologies simply blame "the other guy" as opposed to looking themselves in the mirror.

Dan Haapala 10 months, 1 week ago

Ron you are right on and beat me by 2 Hours. In todays paper is an article about what I thought to be a friend of mine. Rick Renzi. Turns out he was corrupt. Still in the short time he served Gila County he brought Federal dollars back here. The problem is that too was wrong. The Federal Government is not the answer to the problems we are having they are the problem. (sorry I just realized that I quoted Reagan and didn't give him credit.) Mr. Hansel I believe the hardest lesson either not learned or forgotten about the Constitution is the role of the elected. The people were to elect Representatives to go and represent them AGAINST the governments intrusion in their lives. A protection so to speak. Senators were to be selected by the States legislatures to go and respresent their interests and protect their rights. (I know the 17th Ammendment changed that and it shouldn't have.) The President was intended to be the greatest servant of them all. POTUS is supposed to send to Congress what the cost of running the Government is and have them vote on it. POTUS is supposed to make certain that our military is ready and able to defend the U.S. against all enemies. POTUS is also supposed to be the final word on laws that come out of the Congress and either approve or veto them based on his perception of the Constitution which he is sworn to uphold. To top it off an Electoral College was established to actually make certain that a majority of crazies could not put a Dictator in office. You see John, Rep. Gossar wasn't sent to Washington to bring in money for Gila County, he was sent there to make sure that we could take care of ourselves without greivance from the Government. As I see it, he's doing a fine job.

Donald Cline 10 months, 1 week ago

Right you are, Dan (and Ron, too). I am writing only to add, in response to your comment that the 17th Amendment changed that and it shouldn't have, that the 17th Amendment was never ratified. It deprived the States of their suffrage in the Senate, and Article V of the U.S. Constitution prohibits any amendment that does that unless every State Consents -- eight withheld their Consent by taking no action at all on the proposed 17th, and Utah and Delaware withheld their Consent by voting to reject the 17th. It was declared ratified in violation of the U.S. Constitution because the international bankers who owned the Fed didn't want any States to have standing to sue over Article I Section 10 "No State shall ... make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; ..." They knew even then they would eventually rob our currency of its intrinsic value. (That's also why they declared the 16th Amendment ratified when it was not ratified either; it was necessary to tax that worthless fiat currency every time it changed hands so as to hide the horrendous inflation it caused.)

Donald Cline 10 months, 1 week ago

To Mr. Hansel; I guess you support Eric Holder facilitating the murder of Mexican citizens and American Border Patrol agents by arranging the transfer of semi-auto rifles to the Mexican drug cartels then, eh? All to facilitate his cynical philosophy, straight out of the Marxist (and also fascist) playbook, that "You never want a crisis to go to waste. It allows you to do things you couldn't do otherwise." And why couldn't incompetent thugs like Eric Holder and his boss, Barry Soetoro, do things "otherwise"? Because they are illegal, Mr. Hansel. Or don't you believe in the rule of law either, like the rest of the Marxist Mafia infesting the U.S. Congress? Here's a newsflash, Mr. Hansel: As long as the U.S. Congress is infested with Marxist apparatchniks devoted to the destruction of the last best hope for the liberty of mankind, yes, we DO need "dividing speeches," and we do need our firearms, and we don't need whiners and snivelers demanding government rescue them from their own reality.

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

Stay strong John, these same three guys pile on me everytime I write anything that shines a light on ignorance. There are 150 or so Teabaggers in Payson who are very LOUD. There are 15,000 people in Payson who just sit by. Keep up the good work. Ted

Ronald Hamric 10 months ago

Ted, You know that by simply using the invective "teabaggers" you only identify yourself as some progressive/socialist that cannot make a logical argument to support your views so you simply resort to childish name calling. I'm still waiting for your response to my questions put to you. But honestly when I posed them, I knew reasonably well you could not defend nor make a rational case for any of them. Keep it up with the name calling as that how most reasonable people have come to identify you. That you identify with Mr. Hansel and I suppose those 15,000 "that just sit by" should actually embarrass them. Some day you just may want to be taken seriously, and then we can have those adult debates that distinguish the differences in our socio/political views.

don evans 10 months ago

There are three liberal socialists living in Payson. One is Mr. Paulk who is a proven hater of anyone who is not. His past personal attacks are well documented on here. Feel sorry for him and the lonely fog in which he lives.

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

Ron, I must have forgotten the questions ... please send them again. I have asked you three amigos lots of questions and got nothing but HATEFUL remarks that avoid the subject. You guys complain about my name calling while continuing to call me a socialist, hater, Marxist thug, among other hateful things over and over for the past two year; and yet I'm the "name caller"? Give me a break!!! "Teabaggers"? I didn't know that was derogatory...I thought that is what you called yourselves...my bad. "Lonely fog?"...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ My friends want me to run for mayor...even my conservative friends; of which I have many. Come by the American Legion, I'lll buy you a beer. Ted

Ronald Hamric 10 months ago

Ted, Here are some "facts". Come right from the administration you find yourself defending so often. My question to you after the presentation of this data, was "do you have a problem with those facts?"

Perhaps you don't have a problem with the "FACT" that there are now 47,692,896 on Food Stamps, there are now 8.8 million workers receiving disability payments from Social Security, about 88.9 million people in the U.S. are now out of the labor force, 2.4 million more than a year ago and 11.4 million more than in 2006 I personally DO have a problem with that reality? Blame whomever you wish, but the reality is that more Americans are becoming totally dependent upon a bigger and bigger Federal and State government. The "takers" are rapidly exceeding the "givers". Obama actually said it was his intention to "re-distribute" the wealth in this nation. The only way he can do that is through the growth of the size and power of the Federal government. Look at the definition of "socialism" (Socialism is an economic system characterized by social ownership of the means of production and co-operative management of the economy.[1] "Social ownership" may refer to cooperative enterprises, common ownership, state ownership, or citizen ownership of equity.[ If you don't see the similarities, then you and I have differing views that cannot be reconciled.

And if I could stand the taste of beer, I'd take you up on your offer.

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

A fireman that doesn't like beer!!!?? Now I understand. I'm still awaiting your questions...the above is SOME facts and SOME opinions. My questions remain too: what freedoms has Obama taken from you? When has he tried to take your guns? What rights have you lost? Why are you so afraid? I'm figuring that every paycheck you ever received be it Marines or Fire Dept was on local or state or federal paper. Am I wrong?

Ronald Hamric 10 months ago

Ted, As I said, and you choose to ignore or deny, those are "Facts", no opinion, from the very administration you support. They are not my opinions at all. This points to the reality that many challenge you with. When "facts" don't match up with your "opinions" then off you go on some rabbit trail without addressing the "facts". I'll be more than happy to take your questions, one at a time, although they are "strawman" questions to begin with.

1. "what freedoms has Obama taken from you?" Just for starters, he's removed my ability to choose whether or not I will avail myself of health insurance. If I elect not to play his game, I get fined. Now I know how much you and yours are dependent upon the largess of the government (read that as "subsidized") but there are many like myself who do not see healthcare as a "right". It is a service one pays for or doesn't get. Life can be very severe, eh?

2."When has he tried to take your guns?" "He hasn't taken overt steps......yet. He and his supporters aren't that brazen. But are you denying he is not laying the groundwork for a "national firearms registration" and at it's most basic, "infringing" upon the 2nd Amendment? If so you are truly drinking too much of that beer you promote, or are so ideologically blind you can't recognize the nose on your face.

3." What rights have you lost?" Through his expansion of, and his overt lies about abolishing it, the government spying upon it's very own citizens. So, I and everyone else, including you, have lost that "right" as described in the Bill of Rights, to be secure in your own person. I've lost the "right" to trust my government will obey the very laws they hold us to. DOMA is the "law of the land" and this administration, via a criminal Attorney General, made the unilateral decision to not to abide by nor enforce that law. I've lost the "right" to enjoy the sovereignty of this nation as this administration and those in Congress, of both parties, have chosen to reward criminals with our most treasured "citizenship".

1. " Why are you so afraid?" As a Christian I fear no man. They make take my life but not my soul. You on the other hand, appear to be scared to death of having to stand on your own two feet and accept your lot in life, that is pretty much what it is via the choices you made . You relish being a "dependent" of the Government.

2. " I'm figuring that every paycheck you ever received be it Marines or Fire Dept was on local or state or federal paper. Am I wrong?" Red herring Ted. That I was "occupied" in those jobs, was via contractual agreement. I provided my services, they compensated me accordingly. As to the military, and the Public Safety aspect. THAT IS the role of government. Not all the other areas that they have encroached upon in the last several decades.

don evans 10 months ago

Thanks for the invite. But, to many alcoholics and smokers hang at the legion bar for my tastes. As for a run for Mayor, I say go for it. Can't do any worse than the present. If your a Legion Vice Commander as you have stated, that will get you some points from the low information voters in this town. Just follow the Obama campaign routine and promise everything free and that you'll get the evil rich to pay for it. You'll be a shoe in..... PS: Teabagger is a newer common homosexual grammar term. Seriously, look it up online. If your jumping into politics ya gotta know this stuff.

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

Wow, and yet you say you support our troops! Who do you think the members of the Legion are? "Alcoholics and low information voters" you say...retired Marine Sergeant Major Jim might take issue with that stupid statement, I know I do. Where did YOU serve again? I forgot what you told me...you've sure told me everything else. I know what Teabagger means you silly boy...However; the :"Tea Party" was an honorable institution when it was formed...Teabaggers of today are equivaent to the Klan, John Birchers and Joe McCarthyites (Ted Cruz looks and acts just like Joe).

Judith Hunter 10 months ago

I agree with you, Mr. Hansel. And you are correct, Ted. These people are so hateful they cannot see straight. Jobs and the welfare of the constituents should be the primary concern of Representative Gosar. He has not represented me, my mother, my husband nor my son. He only listens to the extreme right wing and avoids discussion about any topic that is not specifically supported by the far right. Moderation and compromise are not in his vocabulary. I truly long for a more moderate, civil political climate. However that is not possible as long as hateful fear mongers try to pit us against our own government. My family and I are working hard to elect a new, more civil and responsive representative. Thank you for your honesty and for not being afraid to say what you believe. We need more people like you.

Ronald Hamric 10 months ago

Ms. Hunter, Since you and others are unhappy with Rep. Gosar, might I offer you a response that those of us who were unhappy with the election of the current president received from his supporters, "Get over it! You lost!" Now you might want to remember that Mr. Gosar was elected to his office by and he represents those that "elected him" no differently than the president is representing you and those that elected him. That's the way the system works. I wish you well in even finding a candidate that represents " a more moderate, civil political climate". Those types of individuals are as scarce as hen's teeth in today's political arena. And on another point, care to return to the GWB era and review just how "civil" the left was regarding him? Didn't think so. Have a nice day!

Rex Hinshaw 10 months ago

Ted, Calling the the president names, does not equate to calling you names. Get over it! You continue to target the conservitive views, and their authors. How about a debate. I am willing to meet you anywhere and debate face to face. Come on, this is a small town , bring your 15000 and I won't invite anyone. Look me in the face and say the thing's you've been saying about me and conservatives. You name the place....I'll be there.

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

The majority of the 15,000 Payson citizens are not Teabagger Sheep that will follow me blindly to a meeting place like Tiny's every Thursday evening. I can be found most days at the American Legion between 3:00 and 5:00. If I'm not there just ask the club manager and she can call me. Feel free to stop by, it'll just be you and me.

don evans 10 months ago

Ted, yes I do support our troops. But that does not mean I must bow and scrape at the altar of Military service.

Ronald Hamric 10 months ago

Ted, Mr. Evans has a point. Even as a veteran myself, I would be very cautious in waving the "vet" flag around simply to imply that somehow I'm a "cut above" due to my service. Just off the top of my head, Lee Harvey Oswald was a "vet", And the last "major" event I worked on before I retired was the Murrah Federal Building bombing in Oklahoma City perpetrated by decorated Gulf War Army veteran Timothy McVeigh. Having served their country, every veteran deserves thanks and respect "for that service". Beyond that, being a veteran carries little weight in the current socio/political environment whose attributes we generally discuss and debate. I am grateful to John McCain for his service but I wouldn't elect the guy to local dog catcher. Anyway, I think you get my point. And again, "Thanks for your service".

Ted Paulk 10 months ago

Evans' remark: "to (sp) many smokers and alcoholics hang out at the Legion" is hardly "scraping at the altar of military service"!!! I have a suggestion; since you guys miss the point on everything and try to turn it into something else, this whole 21 comment thing started as a vote to get rid of Gosar and has now turned into a couple of old bulls pawing the arena, why don't you keep ;your nasty comments about ME and others who don't agree with you to yourselves. I know "Freedom of speech" , "right to bear assault rifles with high capacity clips", Obama is a Commie, marixist, faggot, alien, kenyan muslim, is your mantra. All of Gila County knows where you stand. Personally I can't figure out where your heads are; nor can you mine...so let's stop this "dialogue". I don't want to know you and you sure as hell don't want to know me!!!

Patricia Johnson 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Mr. Paulk: If you lived in my home and used the term "teabagger" I would wash out your mouth with soap. Obviously, your brain has already been washed.