Republicans Don’T Have A Good Presidential Candidate For 2016

The Republican lineup for 2016 includes the same old clown car crew from 2012: Rand Paul, Santorum, Newtster, Michele Bachmann (if she’s not in a mental ward) Sarah Palin (ditto) and Marco Rubio.

If Hillary decides to run, there will be no chance for a Republican to hold the office of president until 2024! Sad to say, but most of the old gang will be dead or senile before there is even a chance for the Democrats to be out of office. You guys might as well settle back and worry about something else.

Ted Paulk

Comments

Donald Cline 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for letting us know how cocky you are about the next election, Ted. Makes me grin. Anyone who thinks Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin is ready for a mental ward reveals their own skewed thinking. Of course, with a rogue occupation government run by the Marxist Mafia and a media who thinks liars and perjurers can do no wrong, I suppose anything is possible. But do you really think Hillary could be elected from a jail cell after her handling of Benghazi and then lying about it to Congress? And what about Barry Soetoro, who gave the order to stand down and went to bed? And then there is Fast and Furious, and using the IRS as an agency of intimidation, and Soetoro's call for higher taxes, and rummaging through the Associated Press's phone records, not to mention ObamaCare and etc., etc., etc. Gee, Ted, if these are the cretins you want running the United States of America, I hope posterity forgets ye and your ilk were our countrymen.

H. Wm. Rhea III 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Obama is the last President of the USA and in his last term! Thanks be to God!

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Don, I'm not hater; I love our President and my country. Don't care much for liars though. Donald: "Marxist mafia"? You need to read something written since 1939. Rhea III: Your remark doesn't even make sense...last pres of the USA? What are you wanting in place of that? That sound you hear over you tearing your hair out and gnashing your teeth is me laughing!! :):):) Ted

Donald Cline 10 months, 3 weeks ago

If you loved your country (I assume you mean our country, though you might mean the former Soviet Union or communist Red China or North Korea) then you would love our Constitution and the individual liberties it guarantees and stop supporting people who are doing their level best to destroy it. Yes, Ted, "Marxist Mafia." The Marxists who first rebranded themselves as "Socialists" because they think most people are ignorant of the fact that Karl Marx considered Socialism as merely the peaceful political reform that makes the violent Bolshevik Revolution possible, and then, when they discovered people were more educated than they thought, rebranded themselves again as "Progressives" in hopes of hiding their true agenda. I think it is remarkable and very revealing that you claim "Don't care much for liars though", since Marxists are pathological liars by definition.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

What is your crazy passion about Marxism and calling EVERYONE a Marxist who disagrees with you stupid statements? "Soiviet Union, Communist Red China (which no longer exists) or North Korea. I served four years in the UNITED STATES ARMY with a Top Secret Clearance. I got out with the rank of Sergeant. I am the Vice Commander of the American Legion and have been on the executive board there for years!!! Pull you head out of your rear. For the life of me, I can't understand why I keep responding to your dumb postings!!!

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Would someone please give me one example of Marxists or Socialist practice initiated by our President. How has your life changed other than the fact that you all have become even more hateful than before. What rights have been taken away? We have been asking these questions for five years and not one of you has an answer. Brilliant. Our stock market and economy sure LOVE this Socialist President. Oh wait....what? Is that an oxymoron? Fools all. HAHAHAHA Deb

Donald Cline 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Well, let's see, start with ObamaCare, crushing regulatory burdens on businesses perpetrated by the EPA, prohibiting the Keystone Pipeline, using the IRS to harass his enemies, illegal searches of Associated Press phone records, support for total gun bans for private citizens, refusal to allow our forces to defend our consulate in Benghazi, increased taxes on what he calls "the rich," though the people he is talking about includes anyone running a business who has employees. Of course much of his efforts are indistinguishable from fascism, but that is the thing about political ideology: At the street level the only practical difference between Marxism and Fascism is the label. Marxism just happens to be the totalitarian ideology du jour.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Golly Donald: there is not one TRUE statement in your entire paragraph!!! But you sure have a right to say what you want; no matter how ignorant it makes you appear. Keep it up, you make Michelle Bachman look like a scholar.

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, You really need to see an eye doctor. You either almost blind physically or perhaps it's simply you're totally blind ideologically.

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Just one off the top, Obamacare. If you actually think that is not a "socialist" program, then perhaps another stint in the third grade might improve your discernment. Bigger Federal government that provides all to all is certainly "socialism" at it's finest and if you can actually state that this current administration is not growing the Federal government, then you simply have not been paying attention. And yes, Social Security (although originally a "contract" between workers and the government), and Medicare are as much "socialist" programs as is Obamacare. So, is it your view that once on the slippery slope of socialism, we should continue even though to do so flies in the face of our founding principles?

Ted, you really need to read some of your posts and then go stand in front of a mirror and repeat ad ifinitum "I am not a hater, I am not a hater". Perhaps you can convince yourself of it, but not likely any who have read many of your posts. You may love the current powers to be, but you are certainly a "hater" towards any whose views differ from yours and you wish to stifle their free speech. That my friend is classic progressive/socialist.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ron, If I had a retirement plan that equaled a California's retired fire captain's, (paid for by BIG GOVERNMENT...almost as big as the Feds), The state government of California is providing your "alI to all", I might not like my Social Security and Medicare so much. You have yours so why are you so opposed to others having theirs? I am not trying to stifle "free speech" (give me a break!!!), But I can't help but take issue with fools who call me a "Democratic Communist Thug" and say my President is a Marxist, Kenyan, Muslim, etc., etc., and then just let this stupid crap be printed over and over. They are entitled to their opinions but they are not entitled to their facts. They won't stop spewing their hate and I won't stop pointing out how ignorant they are; although it's pretty obvious without my help.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

As an afterthought: If I accused these accussers of being pedophiles or of practicing bestialty or incest; would you still defend my right to "free speech"? Think about it...Their BS statements are just as vile.

Donald Cline 10 months, 3 weeks ago

As usual, a non sequitur argument, but one that is revealing of your mindset. If you can prove your accusation, and if people have a right to know -- as they do when the accused holds an office of public trust under the Constitution of the State or the United States -- then yes, it is free speech. You see, under OUR law, unlike every other nation of the world, speaking the truth about that which the public has a right to know is an absolute bar to prosecution for libel or slander. Also, US citizens have considerably more latitude if the accused is a public official even if the accusations are not true in the literal sense; for we have a RIGHT to free speech that does not exist elsewhere in the world. One of the things that makes the USA "exceptional," Ted, and something you should support if you believe in liberty under the rule of law.
Accordingly, then, I have a fundamental right to call this illegal non-natural-born citizen who is ineligible to the office of President of the United States, and who has admitted his socialist agenda, and has admitted his support for Islam and Sharia Law, and whose agenda and actions are in direct conformance with Marxist Saul Alinsky's Rule for Radicals, and who was mentored by Marxist terrorist bomber Bill Ayers who has stated that he didn't bomb enough or murder and maim enough people, and who has admitted that he mentored Barry Soetoro (alias Obama) in his rise to political prominence -- I have a right to call this twerp a Marxist thug and a traitor giving aid and comfort to America's enemies, and to express my belief that he should be impeached, tried, ejected from his infestation of our White House, tried and convicted for treason most foul, and receive the most severe punishment possible for his many offenses against the national security and rule of law of our nation.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff!!! Not a question; just an exclamation.

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, Not sure what source you used to ascertain my job history, but it is as much in error as your take regarding my view of SS or Medicare. Research any of my posts and find an instance where I said I was opposed to those programs. You or your wife asked for ONE instance that indicated the current administration tended socialist. I offered that with Obamacare and you take off on a tangent implying I oppose SS/Medicare. It would help in the discussions if you would acknowledge the FACTS that some others present here in contradiction to yours. I've said before and I'll repeat it again, I hold no animas towards Barack Obama, I simply am diametrically opposed to his socio/political ideology. That's not so unusual as I feel confident you were just as opposed to the same as regards GWB. Americans have been having divisive views on politicians since this nation's inception and I'm sure it will continue well into the future.

As to what others think of the president's race, religion, or political views, that is their "opinion" (Merriam-Webster definition " a belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge"). We all saw the same strong views an "opinions" expressed about GWB, Clinton, Carter, Ford, Reagan, etc. Free Speech is often messy and unpalatable, but very necessary to a free society. I deplore the KKK but served to protect their right to spew their hate, but to do otherwise would put all our Ist Amendment rights at peril. Stay at it and let the discourse continue but appreciate that it serves you no benefit to lower yourself to the very position that you accuse others of taking. No matter how frustrating it can be. Peace.

Donald Cline 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Don't think for a minute, Ronald, that a person with a Marxist agenda will respond favorably to an invitation to fairness or truth. Fairness and truth under the Marxist agenda is that which advances the Marxist agenda; all else is irrelevant.

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

lRon, You offer Obamacare as a "socialist". My wife could not get insurance at age 59, not at any price, until the Obamacare PCIP plan came along. We pay $368 per month for her insurance...hardly free. As for your job history, you posted on the Roundup website you are a "retired firefighter". Remember when you made the crack about my wife and i lilving on Rimview Rd in Payson? I took it upon myself to spend a few minutes on the computer in response. California Public Policy Center states that a firefighter in Anaheim gets paid $99,853 per year: with benefits the total is $193,516. Retirement is figured at 3.5% per year worked and is based on the HIGHEST annual salary received during that time. Doesn't take much figuring to deduce a Fire Captain makes a bit more and whether he retires in 20 years or 30 years; that's a pretty check good check to get each month. If I'm wrong about this please tell me where I can find the truth. Thanks, Ted

Ted Paulk 10 months, 3 weeks ago

California Public Policy Center is my source. I don't believe that Obamacare is not a "socialist" thing no matter how many times you say it...and if it is so what? My wife is on PCIP, a division of "Obamacare" and it costs us $386 per month. Without it she would have no insurance...you have no idea what a helpless feeling that can be.

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, How do you suppose "The Greatest Generation" ever managed to survive without Health Insurance? It's a business, nothing more, nothing less. You want the products and services they offer, then you pay for them. I challenge you to find any reference in our Constitution or Bill of Rights where health insurance is a "right". On the contrary, you have the "Right" to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness". That's it. Anything else you purchase through your efforts and individual resources. And I know what it is like to be without health insurance. I couldn't pay for it therefore simply didn't have it. Didn't have a big house in Beverly Hills either, or drive a Mercedes. Couldn't afford those either. But eventually I came to be able to acquire health coverage and am paying equally as much as you and your wife. Nobody gets something for nothing unless somewhere, sometime, somebody gets nothing for something. Think about that one.

don evans 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I tell ya, he's just a hater..... "You Americans are so gullible. No, you won't accept Communism outright; but we'll keep feeding you small doses of Socialism until you will finally wake up and find that you already have Communism. We won't have to fight you; we'll so weaken your economy, until you fall like overripe fruit into our hands." 1959 Nikita K. speech at the UN. One of Obama's historical mentor heroes; based on his actions, lack of action, political hack appointments, and socialist policy's.

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, Just for starters, I've been retired for over 15 years. Care to guess how much Public Safety Wages and Benefits in the People's Democratic Repulik of Kalifornia have grown in that time, Why do you suppose, what was the 6th largest economy IN THE WORLD, is now verging on bankruptcy? Especially in a state where the Democrats own the Public Safety Unions and vice versa. How much was the cost of your wife's health insurance 15 years ago? Secondly, I didn't retire at the rank of Captain, I was a Battalion Chief responsible for 10 stations and 17 fire companies. I earned every cent I made and regardless of how you spin it, it was an occupation, not welfare. I have a comfortable retirement much due to my personal investments and frugal spending habits. In the 30 years of service I paid into my retirement which was 9% of my paycheck each and every month. I did not pay into Social Security and to this day do not have enough "quarters" to qualify for SS or Medicare although they were very good at taking it from my checks before I started my Fire Service career.. I still pay for my health insurance and that of my wife. Health insurance is not a "right" as much as you progressive/socialists would like it to be and now through ObamaCare, you are going to be subsidized by every person that is forced to pay into the system. It is a service like any other we pay for. Can't afford it, there are "safety nets" paid for by the taxpayers to help you with your problems. But it is not equal to those that shoulder all the costs of those services through purchased health insurance. Your illustrious Liar in Chief told every American if they were happy with their current health insurance, they could keep it. BS!! No sooner had the ink from his signature dried on that fallacious document than my Healthcare Policy was changed and I was moved to something else, due to the enactment of ObamaCare. The man and his cohorts in Washington are patent liars and that is a "FACT".

Ronald Hamric 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Perhaps you don't have a problem with the "FACT" that there are now 47,692,896 on Food Stamps, there are now 8.8 million workers receiving disability payments from Social Security, about 88.9 million people in the U.S. are now out of the labor force, 2.4 million more than a year ago and 11.4 million more than in 2006.Perhaps you personally don't have a problem being "subsidized" at others expense. Good for you, it seems your in good company with those listed in the statistics above. I personally DO have a problem with that reality. Blame whomever you wish, but the reality is that more Americans are becoming totally dependent upon a bigger and bigger Federal and State government. The "takers" are rapidly exceeding the "givers". Obama actually said it was his intention to "re-distribute" the wealth in this nation. The only way he can do that is through the growth of the size and power of the Federal government. Look at the definition of "socialism" (Socialism is an economic system characterized by social ownership of the means of production and co-operative management of the economy.[1] "Social ownership" may refer to cooperative enterprises, common ownership, state ownership, or citizen ownership of equity.[ If you don't see the similarities, than you and I have differing views that cannot be reconciled.

As an American, you had every opportunity to avail yourself of the opportunities that are available to those who want to achieve in this country. That you made choices that hindered that achievement is not the fault of anyone else, but you. Yet you support an ideology that would take from the achievers who did make good choices and literally hand it to those who did not. In other words, reward failure.

And before you come back with it, I know it is all George Bush's fault. Give it a rest!! Your incompetent party leader has had 4 years+ in the White House and your party has control of the Senate and had the House for the first 2 years. Care to know how many Republican signatures are on ObamaCare? Zip! Nadda! Well then, why can't they use the same approach to all their progressive/socialist programs and simply shove them down our throats ala ObamCare? Be patient, they are working on it. No Ted, this is not the America that I grew up in, not even close. And I will speak out against the direction it and better than half of the citizens want to take it in. I may not prevail, but I will have no problem looking at myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I am where I am without ever taking one unearned penny of the dole. Can you do the same?