The Rim Country has many children and teens in need. Each year efforts are made by different groups to help them with clothing, school supplies, Christmas gifts and more. Three years ago a concerted effort was organized and became Payson Assisting Displaced Students.
To educate interested members of the public about the P.A.D.S. program, a special presentation is planned from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 5 at the Church of the Nazarene, 200 E. Tyler Parkway, Payson.
Among the topics:
• What does homelessness look like among Payson’s children and youth?
• What has P.A.D.S. been doing to help since 2010?
• Why does Payson need P.A.D.S.?
• Why does P.A.D.S. need Payson?
• How can you help displaced and disadvantaged students through P.A.D.S.?
As part of the program, individuals, organizations and businesses that have helped will be honored. Light refreshments will be served.