Barton Trying To Wake Us Up

In regard to all of the letters calling for Representative Brenda J. Barton to be recalled or resign — All that she was trying to do was to wake up the people to the fact that Obama is using the same tactics that Hitler used in taking over Germany.

Organize the youths like the Navigators he is using now — If Obamacare is so great, why do we need them? If he gets a hold of the House of Representatives and the Senate next election look for him to try to get a third term.

The people of Germany did not wake up in time to stop Hitler. And he was marching the Jewish people to the gas chambers. I am an 88-year-old combat veteran of the World War II and saw what happened.

Arthur M. Guida

Editor’s note: Wow. Two more people who think that an attempt to expand coverage by private insurance plans with a health care mandate is the moral equivalent of genocide. Doesn’t it seem like such rhetoric prevents reasoned debate and practical solutions.

Comments

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

Editor: Expand coverage? For who? At whose expense will it be paid for? My son and all of his fellow employees (hundreds) just got a written notice from Kaiser Health Ins. Co. that their monthly Health Ins. premiums are being doubled and no extra coverage for anything. All so Obama can vote bribe a bunch of Government leaching deadbeats who contribute nothing and take no responsibility for their own affairs. My son works hard, supports his wife and three kids and you think it fair that he has to subsidize the 49% of reprobates on the dole? So make that three people now, who thinks Obama is a socialist re-distribution junkie......

Ted Paulk 1 year, 1 month ago

A small reminder Hitler started a war that ended up with 60 MILLION dead...are you Obama haters really comparing the two!! Don, tell; your son to find another insurance company; he is being ripped off by another large corporation...not Obama.

Donald Cline 1 year, 1 month ago

Give him time, Ted. Barry Soetoro (alias Obama) hasn't yet hit his stride.

Oh, and a newsflash for the low-information types: ALL the insurance companies are cancelling policies because they don't meet the new higher standards required by ObamaCare, which provides coverage people do not want or need -- like maternity coverage for sixty-year-old women, etc. They are replacing these policies, based upon what people want and need, with "expanded coverage" policies at greatly expanded cost based on what some Marxist thug in Washington has determined people want and need.

This is the failure of socialist/Marxist central planning: It never meets the needs of the people and always costs five times as much, because the issue is never "needs;" the issue is always "control."

ObamaCare is a job-killing, freedom-killing, healthcare-killing, Marxist monstrosity designed to destroy the U.S. economy and allow Barry Soetoro's internationalist Marxist handlers to move in and take over. ObamaCare is not a trainwreck; ObamaCare is doing exactly what it was designed to do. If you don't like it, don't sign up for it, and it will collapse of its own weight.

Meanwhile the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture has told the States to withhold funds from their EBT card vendors until further notice (I have a copy of the letter). If that order is not rescinded, the cities will explode in violence along about the middle of November, and Soetoro will have the (color of) justification for the Martial Law he and his handlers have been lusting for.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 1 month ago

Sounds like Joseph McCarthy has risen from the dead..."marxist,, socialist, job-killing, freedom killing"!! Wow! If this wasn't such a sad pile of bull it would be funny.

Kim Chittick 1 year, 1 month ago

Well, Don, make that 4 people!!

I must say that I am stunned by the comment from the Editor...what happened to non-biased, objective reporting?

Very, very disappointed by this action....

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

A "SINGLE, MALE" person who signs up for the Affordable Care Act, is required to purchase the maternity coverage! What a hoot that is. Pretty slick of the Barry, so as to get the forced funding levels up so when all those soon to be legal, illegal alien babies hit the system, you single dudes are paying for their birthing and medical care.......

Mel Mevis 1 year, 1 month ago

A lot of horror stories...... guess mine will be out of place.

I am retired, but not yet 65 years old, my former employer offers three separate health insurance programs.

The PPO plan I was covered by last year went up $45 ....... A lot less than the year before. They also offer an HMO, but I have never cared for the service offered by this type of plan. They added a high deductible plan, everyone seems to be scared of these plans .... but after looking closely it sames me a lot of money .....

They high deductible plan costs $53 less that last years PPO plan, that is a savings of $98 over staying on the same PPO plan. .....

The deductible is $1500 per year then goes to $0 out of pocket expenses. By using a Health Savings Account (HSA) I can roll IRA money into it and when the money is used that saves me 25%.

Between the lower premium and HSA I will save almost $1000 dollars per year over last year, with the same coverage. And on top of that, by using IRA money for deductibles I will see $1500 more in my disposable cash in my income.

The ACA works for me ....... I have also looked at coverage on Healthcare.gov, actually got on line and got a quote. It was comparable to what I had last year in expenses, but is not as good as what I have with my former employer using the high deductible plan.

You people need to do a little math ................ This is free enterprise working for once.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 1 month ago

Mr. Mavis, How can you equate the Federal Government FORCING people to purchase a product and subsidizing the purchase for those that can't afford the product, as even coming close to " This is free enterprise working for once." Using the old Dan Quayle admonition " I know free enterprise Sir, and this is no "free enterprise"!" But I am certainly glad you are happy with the ACA as there are literally millions who are paying the freight to give you that "right".

Mel Mevis 1 year, 1 month ago

Ronald Hamric

First, get my name right ...... also if you take the time to read my comment I am not participating in the ACA Exchanges.

Second lets talk free enterprise.

Free enterprise has never been a part of insurance. There are several components that make up true free enterprise, and guess what ..... the larger the businesses, the less they apply. Big businesses don't like competition. If you think Dan Quayle is really a supporter of a competitive markets I have some beach front property in Rye for sale.

Lets talk specifically about Competition or Supply and Demand. It has really never existed in insurance.

1. Most people were in captive markets through their employers, there was little or no employee choice in plans or coverage. The most I have had was a choice between an HMO or PPO. I have never seen an decrease in premium without a loss in coverage. No free enterprise there ......

2. If you purchased insurance as an individual it was difficult or impossible to compare plans. Most individuals do not have the time, desire or ability to contact multiple insurance companies and then compare plans. No free enterprise her. Usually the individual took the cheapest plan that gave them some coverage. And when things got bad they were told to read the small print.

ACA injects competition into the purchasing process. Now you have Insurance Companies competing head to head for business, that drives down the cost.

What would drive it down more? Allowing national competition across State lines. The larger the pool of insured the less premium costs because the risk is spread across a large population (Insurance 101).

I find the argument about forcing people to pay for health care hollow. In our old model people who chose to not have insurance still received treatment using different methods. Who payed? The public.

1. Just show up at the hospital ER. That was subsidized by all the paying patients.

2. Exhaust personal savings and asset. I have know several people who have done this and it ended with them going on social assistance. Again something subsidized by the public.

3. Lay on the sidewalk and die ........

No one is forcing you to do anything ...... If you don't want insurance pay the "fine" it much less that a speeding ticket in Star Valley :), no one is forcing you to go slow. You can always rely on going to the ER, exhaust your savings ....... or just lay down and die.

Third, Millions of people paying? Really ..... I do not get subsidies. Just don't qualify. It would be nice if everyone made a decent wage, but that is another issue. I think we have been subsidizing people without insurance for decades without a good outcome. At least my tax dollars are being used in a better way today that yesterday.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 1 month ago

Get 'em Mel, but believe me ; from past experience, these teabagger haters will not be moved by FACTS! They only hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest. I've told them before that they are entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts...all I get is the same old "Marxist/socialist" accusations.

Patricia Johnson 1 year, 1 month ago

Mr. Paulk, Once again, you must be reminded that the term "teabagger" is vulgar and offensive. Please explain to all of us your reason for the use of this term.

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

Mel, As reported on the news tonight. There are six people who might agree with you. They are the only (6) people who signed up for Barry Care on the first day of the AHC web site access. You know and I know this farce is all designed to bring about a single payer Govt. run only socialist medical system. Get in line, take what ever Doctor is available, drive to no matter how far to see the MD, and hope you don't die during the wait for your turn, and hope the bureaucratic review panel determines you are worth their expense.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 1 month ago

You mean like Medicare? That old "socialist medical system"?

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 1 month ago

Mr. MEVIS, Health insurance is a "business". It provides services to those that PAY for it. You don't want it or want to PAY for it, then that is your right. Access to health insurance/care is not a RIGHT, it is something one purchases. Except that is, the free loaders who throw themselves at the mercy of the government to take care of ALL their needs. Don' t even begin to lecture me as to the condition in ER's. I worked my career in the fire service and spent plenty of time in ER's. Yes, indigents or simply those who would rather buy cigarettes/booze than health coverage were very well abusing the system and yes, the taxpayer footed the bill. Why one may ask? Simple, the all powerful government would not let those people be denied treatment at those facilities. Your "rights" and those of everyone else are simply "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Pay special attention to the "pursuit" part, no guarantees or assured happiness. Everything else you PAY for or do without it. It's really not all that complex, unless of course you are one of those getting the "free" stuff paid for by others.

" Most individuals do not have the time, desire or ability to contact multiple insurance companies and then compare plans." Too bad, then they should pay for their poor choices. Life is full of choices. Some make reasonable ones and prosper, others make poor choices and then whine about how it's someone else's, certainly not their, fault. Grow up and take responsibility for yourself and leave others alone to live their lives based on the choices they made.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 1 month ago

Says the man who has been on government health insurance his whole life.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 1 month ago

Ted, As is so frequently the case, you are wrong again. If you are so sure of your info, PROVE IT! Otherwise it is just sour grapes from a loser.

H. Wm. Rhea III 1 year, 1 month ago

I agree that the editors note certainly shows bias on the part of the newspaper. Especially so since the article in question is a letter to the editor and not and editorial from the newspaper.

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

So far, it is my belief that the unsigned comment you reference is actually an EDITORIAL comment from the newspaper. Perhaps the editor himself? Mr. PA?

Rex Hinshaw 1 year, 1 month ago

The editor's note does not show a bias on the part of the newspaper. It shows his personal bias. Anyone that is familiar with him knows he leans left. If he was a real journalist...he would keep his liberal opinions to himself.

H. Wm. Rhea III 1 year, 1 month ago

Don, the letter is signed by an individual and the editor's note appears below it. That is bad form for a journalist except to apologize or explain a problem. He tells us that there are other letters are of a similar nature, but then gives his opinion that rhetoric is keeping us from engaging in meaningful discourse and solutions. While most of us probably don't disagree with that, it would be better served in an editorial article itself than as an editorial note on a letter to the editor. He could even have made his own comment like we're doing.

In fact, I happen to agree partly with the editorial comment. The part that we're not coming together, that is. I don't think it's rhetorical argument however, but actual deep seeded beliefs that we hold and others don't. Beliefs that used to be fairly common among most Americans are now demonized by the left, and the truth is that we on the right (I hate to use these labels, but they get the point across) can't go where the other side wants to take us. That division will cause us nothing but problems. But I can't see people like me, agreeing with people like them, so we all work hard to persuade others and get our point across, but in the end, the country is going to be divided or we will fall to outside forces. That is what happens when two sides can't come together. So lets hope that we can pull enough people like ourselves together and form something else, rather than be divided and conquered by our enemies.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 1 month ago

Has been interesting to observe this transition in our nation, although at the same time very sad. Some have referred to it as the "Balkanization of America". There are so many aspects to this circumstance that each one could illicit hours of discussion on their own. As with many complex socio/political issues, the answers or solutions are often very illusive. Doesn't mean we should give up and not continue to seek resolution, but it does wear on one after you've been at it for so long. It would be very easy to sit back and let the chips fall where they may if what was at stake wasn't so dear to our hearts. That the Roundup is no different from so much of the print media in it's socio/political bias should not be a surprise to anyone. Makes no difference if that bias is one you agree with or not, it is simply a reality in today's America and once one accepts that reality, it is easier to sift through the agendas put forth through "Editorials". There is a thin line between an "Editorial Opinion" by someone within the Roundup and that "opinion" being viewed as reflective of all at that newspaper. Total objectivity in news reporting hasn't been a staple of "J" School for decades so we should not expect it from the Roundup either. But awareness is knowledge and knowledge is strength. It (The Roundup) is what it is.

Rex Hinshaw 1 year, 1 month ago

I have participated in and observed this discussion. And although it hasen't all been to my liking, I have one thing to say to mr. Paulk. Do not call me a "teabagger hater" again. I do not belong to the Teaparty group. I,do however agree with them on most issues. I ,am a design proffesional by trade. I am an old ,Arizona born, coyboy at heart. I told you once before ,don't call me a teabagger....You should never call me that to my face.That would be a mistake. Here are the choices as I see them....The monitor kicks you off....you and I agree to meet and talk....or you keep it up and we will eventually have an issue.....you choose.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 1 month ago

Mr. Hinshaw,

Don't let them push your buttons. There are way more who find them and their socio/political views "Un-American" than there are those who agree with them. Since they cannot make legitimate arguments to support their socialist ideology, then they are simply left with name calling. Believe me, the person you are responding to is not worth the time or effort to try and influence. Basically he is immaterial/irrelivant to most of the debates as he brings absolutely nothing to the discussions except invectives and childish name calling. We've all experienced his ilk before and they are better ignored than confronted. Just take a little comfort in the knowledge that it must be simply terrible to be them.

Rex Hinshaw 1 year, 1 month ago

Ron, Good advice...thank you. I will keep your council in mind. The problem for me is that calling me a "teabagger" is the equivilent to walking up to me and taking my hat off my head. If you know anything about cowboys....you know what that means. I will try to to cool it. Your points are better made than mine.

Bill Knauss 1 year, 1 month ago

WIkipedia defines the U.S. Constitution as, "the supreme law of the United States of America.

So exactly who are the extremists? The people who want to restore our "constitutional values" and "follow our constitution" or the people who want to fundamentally change America?