Fox Leaders Should Share Their Recommendations

In an effort not to lose sight of views different from my own I read Fox News regularly.

It seems to me the situation in Syria is a pretty tough call. Should we intervene or not? I’m not sure. My position is that let’s not risk American lives or treasure without careful restraint. This however is a tough one.

Let me return to Fox News. Today they don’t say much about Syria. A mention of an article by the Post seems to suggest doing something; but generally they are not taking a position — certainly they don’t say: If we were in charge we’d do this!

I don’t think this is playing fair. Don’t wait for Obama to commit and then criticize. State your thoughts now and give us the benefit of your wisdom and guidance when it will do some good.

Phon Sutton

Comments

don evans 12 months ago

Just one question...What pray tell, is the US National Security Threat from Syria? It's their civil war, not ours.

Ted Paulk 12 months ago

Beware Mr. Sutton; you have gored the sacred ox (FOX) in print and you will pay by receiving hateful comments from the Tbaggers!!.I sent McCain a message asking what he would do instead of just whining about what our President says... I have asked the loud but few time and again, "What rights have you lost under President Obama's time in office?" Five years later I have not had even ONE concrete response; just nebulous rhetoric. I'm sure the flood gates of ignorant comments that accuse the Prez and me of everything from being a communist , socialist nazi will follow this post. Too bad for them I never look at their responses anymore...Don't let them rattle you sir. It is ironic that before President Obama went to congress to ask for their input, EVERY Republican politician and EVERY FOX talking head implied they could do it better...now that they have a chance, 80% are "undecided".

Patricia Johnson 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Why, Mr. Paulk, do you persist in using the term "Tbagger" to describe members of the Tea Party when you know very well that the term is vulgar, offensive, homophobic and crass?

Rex Hinshaw 11 months, 4 weeks ago

This is the second time you've have tried this......try to shut down anything and anyone that you may not agree with, so you attack and call names. The only one calling names is you. You are just a troll , have nothing to add to the discussion. I don't care if you read this....but everyone else will. Again...I challange you to a debate. I want you to defend this president.

Nancy Volz 11 months, 4 weeks ago

"The only one calling names is you."

Isn't "troll" a name?

Rex Hinshaw 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Nancy, I suppose you might consider "troll" a name,but I meant it as a description of how he uses this forum. Look up "internet troll". It describes Mr. Paulk's actions to a tee. I did not respond to Phon's letter...even though I disagree with it's premise...because it was not combative and had no name calling. Everyone has a right to their opinion .

Nancy Volz 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Rex, As per your definition, we are all trolls at one time or another! Maybe I should put in a smiley face next time I try to make light of something. Sigh! : ) Nancy

Rex Hinshaw 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Nancy, Read the definition again. It is not to make light of something...it is to cause descension. I try not to use the smiley face...it does not excuse the statement.

Nancy Volz 11 months, 3 weeks ago

You don't want to understand what I was saying originally. I was trying to not be so serious about it...to make light of the fact that we are/were all trolls at one time or another on the boards. Not saying definition meant making light of...oh, never mind. Not worth the effort. : ) : ) : ) : )