The 59th Northern Gila County Fair bursts into the Payson Event Center this week, with rides, exhibits, concerts, livestock, art — and lots of vendors.
Exhibits are open until 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6; from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 7; and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 8.
Once an hour, fairgoers can enjoy demonstrations on the north side of the event center at the west end of the exhibits tents.
Livestock shows will take place throughout the course of the fair.
Entertainment includes a carnival and the always-popular Demolition Derby on Saturday night, Sept. 7. In the past, organizers staged the Demolition Derby on Sunday.
Admission to the fair costs $1 per person or $12 per person for the Demolition Derby.
• Buddy Showmanship, 3:30 p.m.
• Open Livestock Show, 4 p.m.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Judging and Show, 5 p.m.
• Horse Show Speed Events, 7 p.m. (admission $1)
• 4-H and Open Horse Show, 8 a.m.
• Small Livestock Show, 9 a.m.
• Livestock Buyers Lunch, 2 p.m.
• Livestock Auction, 3 p.m.
• Demolition Derby, 7 p.m., gates open at 6 p.m. Admission is $12.
Honeycutt Rodeo, Chapman Auto Center and Payson Parks and Recreation sponsor the event. For Demolition Derby entry information, call Nelson Beck at (928) 474-5242 ext. 268.
• Horse Show All Day
A special Craft Fair and Farmers Market will also feature produce and crafts by Northern Gila County residents and others.