Editor's Note

In Tuesday’s paper we ran a letter suggesting former town employees running for the Payson Town Council were dismissed. They weren’t. We didn’t catch that. We should have not run the letter. No one should be attacked for offering to serve the public, especially with inaccurate or distorted insinuations. We do apologize for running that letter.

Comments

Meria Heller 4 months, 1 week ago

thanks for getting rid of those super annoying surveys that were in every article.

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

They were gone for me earlier this morning, too. But now they're back. I also am sick of those annoying ads.

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

Perhaps the paper could put in a FOIA request and see why they quit, instead of being fired.

Kim Chittick 4 months, 1 week ago

Mr. Rhea, they did not "quit, instead of being fired." Charlene Creach Brown served the Town of Payson as a Police Officer until she was severely wounded in the line of duty. She worked for a period of time for Parks and Recreation, however, she ended up having to retire honorably. She was given a retirement party by the Town of Payson. As for Robert Lockhart, he also did not "quit, instead of being fired.". Mayor Evans had a difference of opinion with him and decided to take it upon himself to eliminate the position of Fire Marshall. Robert Lockhart served the Town of Payson honorably and with respect and diligence. I was impressed that Pete Aleshire stepped up to the plate and deleted the previous crude and completely without merit letter; however, now I am back to disappointed that he is allowing your smart aleck comment of allegation and innuendo to stand. I certainly don't see you getting off your behind and offering to serve the Town of Payson in any capacity!

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

Hey Kim,

You don't know the the whole truth about either affair. And a little simple digging will find it out - if the newspaper is interested. Otherwise, you cynicism is showing, you might want to see to that.

Kim Chittick 4 months, 1 week ago

Ah Will, Will, Will, no need for me to see to anything. NOBODY knows the whole truth but the parties involved, and your childish sneering innuendoes serve nobody! Least of all yourself. You just make yourself look pathetic for beating on two people who absolutely do not deserve your snide comments. However, I do know that, as you put it, a little simple digging will prove the fact that you are totally and completely without a clue regarding these two amazing and honorable people!! Like I said, instead of sitting on your duff and trying to stir up the rhetoric, get involved and be a productive citizen.

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

Way to go Kim, start off by acting like your above the name calling, then jump right in. Nothing like a little hypocrisy to start off the day, right. BTW: Can you give me some examples of my being an unproductive citizen?

Barbara Rasmussen 4 months, 1 week ago

Mr. Rhea: I know for a fact that Robert 9Bob) Lockhart did not quit nor was he fired! His position was done away with. I have known Mr. Lockhart for many years and he is reputable, knowledgeable and a very caring person. He is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to building and fire codes. Did you know that the State Fire Marshal used to consult with him? Many circumstances led up to his position being eliminated and because people in the Town Government did not want to have to deal with codes being enforced and decided it would be easier to just do away with the position. Yes there is a wealth of information available without any or very little digging. Perhaps you might like to try and do the digging and investigation!

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

I did not say that anyone was fired, or quit. I said that the newspaper could easily find out, since many people keep saying things to that effect. I have heard many things about EVERY candidate and I don't believe them all. So, where the newspaper has printed letters about the candidates and these accusations, perhaps the newspaper could fact check them.

Kim Chittick 4 months, 1 week ago

Mr. Rhea, do you really think that the paper would have removed the aforementioned letter and published the written apology to Ms. Brown had they not been provided with incontrovertible proof that the letter writers insinuations were inaccurate?

don evans 4 months, 1 week ago

Well, well. So the upcoming primary election is really the final general election as far as our Mayoral candidates are concerned. No debates, no public forums for the voters to ask a question or two. You'll be voting on the political sign or advertisement that sounds the best. What a sad state of affairs. Might as well throw a dart at the candidates names stuck to a wall for your vote.

Patricia Johnson 4 months, 1 week ago

Mr. Evans: I'm curious to know what business, organization or other entity should have sponsored a candidate debate? How would they have paid for the venue for a debate, the publicity to promote it, the liability insurance and other associated costs? Who would you have chosen for a moderator?