Several Hundred Attend Evans’ Campaign Rally

Mayor Kenny Evans shakes hands with a constituent during a campaign rally at Rumsey Park Friday. Photo by Alexis Bechman. |

Hundreds of supporters came out Friday night to support Mayor Kenny Evans’ bid for re-election. Volunteers fired up two grills near a Rumsey Park ramada and laid out a feast of a buffet, complete with pulled pork and ranch beans.

As a lengthy line formed, Evans went down the queue shaking hands and thanking constituents for their support as he takes on Randy Roberson in the primary election.

One supporter in Evans’ committee said he decided to throw the picnic just three days earlier, but there were so many willing to help, it had gone off without a hitch.

As the sun set, everyone filed out for a group shot in front of a large HPR Ammunition tractor trailer.

Comments

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

I stopped counting after I got to 435 and more kept coming. It was a great time with good food and many good people there to show support for Mayor Evans.

Robbin Flowers 4 months, 1 week ago

H. Wm. Rhea, Does that mean Mayor Evans has your vote? Both men seem so capable, tough choice. 50/50.

H. Wm. Rhea III 4 months, 1 week ago

Yes, Robbin, Kenny has my vote for mayor. For the council seats, I'm still studying. I've had a little Facebook chat with Charlene Creach Brown, I've talked to "Ed, Fred & Su" and the guy who owns Scoops, but I can't remember his name at this minute. So I still need to think and pray about those people and the other I haven't yet met.

don evans 4 months, 1 week ago

"Evans had initially filed paperwork saying he would spend less than $500 on his campaign, which meant he didn’t have to file campaign spending paperwork. However, as the campaign heated up he decided to form a political committee, file financial statements and wage a more aggressive bid for re-election." His timing of this and his mandatory financial disclosure sort of reminds me of his and the RCEA College plans, the land purchase's for it, and his individual behind the scenes dealings for the Fox Farm Industrial Park. Nobody knows nothing but him. All last minute public release of information before important decisions are taken.

Robbin Flowers 4 months, 1 week ago

Interesting Don, there does seem to be a theme going on there.

Mac Feezor 4 months, 1 week ago

I was one of the cooks manning the two big grills at the Kenny Evans rally this past Friday. “Dozens” of supporters doesn’t even come close! The corrected web version with “Hundreds” does it justice. The fact that Kenny decided that he had to spend time and money countering election “smoke and mirrors” from the other side is a pity, but it had to be done.

I’ve known Kenny for a number of years and have always found him to be straightforward and honest in his dealings with me, and with everyone else that I know. His vision for developing resources has cost him personal time and expenses far beyond what is called for by the office of Mayor. We are fortunate to have someone with the foresight and drive to bring vital resources to this area. It hasn’t been an easy task; wrestling with various governmental agencies is not for the faint at heart. I personally thank him for what he’s accomplished so far, and hope that everyone gives him the opportunity to finish the job.

Saying that “I’d do it better”, without putting forth a solid plan of action is just words in the wind. I much prefer someone with a proven track record of accomplishments. And for Don Evans’ complaint about just now hearing about the deal for the Fox Farm property, up to this point Kenny was working under a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), which many companies insist on before sharing their plans with others. The fact that Kenny was trusted to assist HPR, and did actually find an area that fits their requirements, speaks volumes for his abilities. Payson has gone from a “business unfriendly town” to a place these businesses want to be during Kenny’s’ tenure as Mayor.

I want to see this town grow new businesses and new opportunities for the younger families. Take a look at the HPR website. Take a look at what the employees have done to support even more jobs here in Payson. These things are not political promises, these are real world results. That’s what you get with Kenny Evans, results, not cheap talk. Vote for Kenny Evans!

Pat Randall 4 months, 1 week ago

Mac, What has he accomplished? Nothing he has talked about has been finished. Some not started, all talk and no show. Tell us the results.

Robbin Flowers 4 months, 1 week ago

Howdy Mac! Cool opinion. But when is the debate? How exciting would that be for the town? It would be a real move up into the big leagues for Payson. Perhaps attract more people to vote and inspire the young ones into wanting to be good leaders by demonstrating some of the orating techniques that are useful in politics.

Pat, He could tell us the results in a debate?