Attitude Toward Children Sickening

After reading the Roundup front page story about school board member Shirley Dye voting against a federally funded program to feed hungry children I must ask, “Lady, what in heaven’s name are you doing sitting on the school board when you have so little empathy for those you are purporting to serve?”

Please resign your position immediately so a caring parent or grandparent can speak for the children.

I have no children in the Payson school system and never have, but I find your attitude toward the kids sickening.

Ted Paulk

Comments

Ronald Hamric 4 months ago

Ted,

Perhaps it's because she acknowledges just what the purpose of the education system is all about, teaching kids. You would have that institution take the place of the parents and actually "raise" the kids and all that entails. Your may try to hide your progressive/socialism behind a veil of "compassion" but your true motives are as transparent as glass.

Ted Paulk 4 months ago

She is a teabagger who doesn't want to invest in poor children...much like yourself. No transparency here dude, I spent a lot of hungry days when I was a kid, before food programs were in place and would rather not see this happen to this generation of kids who were not as lucky as you sir.

Donald Cline 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted Paulk, you have no idea what Shirley Dye wants. I know her personally and she is happy to invest in children, and she is putting her heart and soul into investing in the children. What she does not want is those children growing up thinking, as you do, that some tyrant will always stand ready to rob everyone else under pain of criminal prosecution to pay for your bad lifestyle decisions or your parents' bad lifestyle decisions. SOCIALIZED GOVERNMENT created the economy that left you hungry growing up and SOCIALIZED GOVERNMENT is continuing the economy that leaves these kids hungry. How about DOING AWAY WITH socialized government, Ted Paulk, so government does not rob success and reward failure? How about following the Constitution -- you know, that document that founded our nation and so limited government that for the first 100 years the living standard of the average working man, woman, and child improved more than it had during the previous 25 centuries? That's the kind of liberty that results in a very simple equation: THERE IS NO POVERTY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK! On the other hand, Ted Paulk, socialism has never survived anywhere in the world in the history of our planet without SLAVE LABOR producing inferior goods to be sold for the profit of the party apparatchiks. Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, Ted, and some of refuse to allow you and your failed ideology to put our kids through what you went through.

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Why do you keep raving about socialism Donnie? Have you lost your mind?

Ronald Hamric 4 months ago

Ted,

Her job is to see that kids are educated! Get it through your socialist head that no one, not even Mrs. Dye is proposing that those children in need should not be cared for. And thanks to the largess of our over bearing government, there are more programs than one can count that are in place to do just that. But how you make it the responsibility of the Public Education system to become the "parents" and practically raise these kids and provide for the things that fall to their parents to do, smacks of your socialist ideology. Here's a quote, and you can check out the accuracy via the "Net". ""The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense." - Karl Marx Sounds like something you would say Ted. And Ted, "Luck" had nothing to do with it. Unlike you, I made some good decisions/sacrifices in my life and ended up where I'm at today. That you made lousy decisions and ended up a loser like so many, was your fault, no one elses. Suck it up big guy. The world owes you NOTHING!!

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ron you inhaled way too much smoke when you were leading the parades in Disneyland. You have your six figure retirement from California and you feel no obligation to educate the poor kids in Gila County...we get it...go eat your fried chicken , mashed taters and gravy old dude.

Ronald Hamric 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, You are so ignorant that it is little wonder you ended up such a loser. When, and that isn't likely to happen sans you somehow obtaining more brain cells than the two your are operating with, you will perhaps learn that instead of simply spitting out your green envy and hate, you might want to get some real facts. Oh! Wait, you simply cannot deal with facts so you continue your hate speech. Still a loser Ted. You prove it every time you post. Bet you have more money invested in your beer gut than you have ever donated to needy kids.

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Bet you're wrong Hambone!! WE donate to Payson Community Kids on a regular basis and pay our taxes. Don't know why you keep carping that I'm a loser...spent 35 years selling Caterpillar tractors...Also curious how you think I can be a Communist, Socialist, and a Marxist all at the same time. Grew up in Scurry, Texas as a Southern Baptist and voted Republican until Bush's 2nd term. I'll bet you now miss all the false respect accorded you by your elevated position while leading the Anaheim firemen...you suck it up old man.

Ronald Hamric 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, You have a really bad case of "penis envy". Get some help with that.

don evans 3 months, 4 weeks ago

As for the 70% getting the freebies. I say, don't trust, always verify to qualify. Maybe someone in the know can explain the meals entitlement program verification process that I'm sure the schools follow. Ya'll come on down and bring Ma and Pa with ya for the chow down. It's paid for by those chump taxpayers.

Donald Cline 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Hey, Ted! If you want to give charity to someone who needs it -- or even someone who doesn't need it -- use your own money. Don't advocate robbery under color of law because you don't want to use your own money for charity. Please allow the rest of us to keep our own money and invest it in the economy so jobs will become available and parents can support their own kids, instead of teaching kids that all they have to do is be there and someone will feed them.

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ol' man Cline is back; I donate to Payson Community Kids on a regular basis: I'll bet you stick your money in a sock and tell everyone 'I got mine"...got more likes than you old man who hates kids...

Donald Cline 3 months, 3 weeks ago

You can "bet" whatever you want, Ted, but you have yet to post a credible, intelligent response to anything anyone says. You say you grew up hungry; why do you want today's kids to grow up like you did? Why do you support a government that rewards failure? How about getting your head out of where the sun don't shine and start rewarding success?

Pat Randall 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Seems the people running the cafeteria signs up the kids for food. My great grandson went into the cafeteria a few years ago because it was cold outside and his room was not open yet. The worker tried to feed him and sign him up for free meals. He told her he had breakfast at home and had his lunch ticket for lunch. His mother went to school after he told her about it. She straightened them out in no uncertain terms that he ate at home in the mornings. He did not need charity. The workers don't care if the kids don't eat the food as long as they get paid and govt. money looks good to them. Probably more than half the kids don't need or eat the food.

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Well Pat , not everyone is as lucky as you...do you ever think about how lucky you have been? Probably not from your arrogant tone.

Robbin Flowers 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat, et. al., The cafeteria situation is the problem. I think everyone can agree that when the kids are at school for 8 hours per day they do need nutrition. The questions then become: How do we best give that nutrition to our "village" children? Who decides what nutrition means? How is it paid for efficiently? How do you calculate what efficiency means?

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Well we real "Christians" have read, "suffer the little children to come unto me"...the teabaggers are not quite so generous.

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

And write: You can buy my book at Payson Packaging or on Amazon...you might like it...Ted

Pat Randall 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, I don't know what you mean I have been lucky. You know nothing about me personally, only what you read on here. I was raised in Payson and got my education in the Julia Randall School with Miss Julia as my teacher for three years. There were no restrooms in the building and certainly not a cafeteria. We took a lunch or walked to down town to eat. I never saw anyone without food. Maybe there was a better work ethic back then. My parents were not wealthy and my husband and I struggled for many years. We didn't sit on our rears and let someone else provide for our kids. I also give to Marcy's Community Kids and have for years, and give to other needy people but make sure they need it first.

Robbin Flowers 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat, Good points. So are you suggesting that the best method to feed the children is to have all the parents pack their lunches? Maybe increase their food subsidy to allow them to purchase the lunches? How about having collectives of the parents to buy in bulk and share the cost savings that way? Back when you went to school (how cool is it that you went to JRE, awesome!!!) the food was mostly locally grown and didn't travel from China to cross your plate. There was more jobs available back then, and there is no people on the planet work harder than Americans! We work more hours and harder for less play then any other "industrialized" nation on the planet. Is it possible that you are confusing disenfranchisement, lack of opportunity and depression with poor work ethics?

Ted Paulk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat thinks her history sets the standard for everyone. I have read her comments for years and she doesn't seem to have much time for the poor...she doesn't believe they exist.

Pat Randall 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Ted, you are way wrong. All of my extended family would be considered poor by todays standards. But they all worked hard at their jobs. I probably have helped a hell of a lot more people than you or Robbin have.

Robbin, there were not more jobs when I was growing up here. There were not many people here. Mostly ranching, timber cutting and a few one man mines. None of which paid much. A lot of the people had gardens and raised a calf for meat, had a milk cow for milk, cream and butter. They all helped each other without being asked.

One church. The log one on west Main where every religion was welcome. A preacher once a month. Miss Randall and C.C. Gibson did most of the teaching. No one sat on their rear and whined for someone to take care of them. There was no help except for the neighbors. It was a great place.

When I graduated from the 8th grade there were 13 kids in the 7th, 8th, and high school. 2 graduated from high school that year. I think 8 or 9 from the 8th grade. 1950 Big population, Right?

Robbin Flowers 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat, "A lot of the people had gardens and raised a calf for meat, had a milk cow for milk, cream and butter. They all helped each other without being asked." Why should this have changed because of more people? Why didn't people continue to do produce for themselves? I do know a lot of people who still produce "food/produce" and hunt for food in the area. About religion, doesn't every church proclaim that all religions are welcome as "visitors?" I think what that actually means is . . .?