The owners and operators of Rim Country Health are proud to tell the community their facility is locally owned.
It’s not just a slogan — the owners say they believe in Payson and the people of the Rim Country. As proof of that belief and commitment, the owners have since 2010 spent approximately $1.2 million to improve the facility’s infrastructure, equipment and appearance.
Some of the main improvements:
• Roof, parking lot, front sidewalk, instant water heaters for resident comfort, new A/C units.
• Almost all new kitchen equipment and a complete kitchen remodel now under way.
• Upgrades and additions to fire and sprinkler heads to stay within Medicare/Medicaid guidelines.
• More than 20 new computers, nurse aide charting stations, three new servers and complete electronic charting system for quicker evaluation of resident care. Remodel of two nurses stations.
• Two new automatic door units for ease of entrance and exit of handicapped individuals, installation of wander-guard units for resident safety, new resident room doors.
• Establishment of two secure units (Behavioral and Alzheimer’s/Severe Dementia), secure doors and equipment.
• Flooring, carpet, furniture, paint, window coverings, wall coverings, counter tops, bookcases, new beds and remodeling of two dining rooms.
• New ice makers, copiers.
• Replacement of inpatient-outpatient therapy equipment.
• New Ford van to go with the other two vans for faster and more efficient resident transport.
• Landscaping sprinkler system and new sign.
The facility’s Rim Country Apartments have also received an investment of approximately $75,372 to:
• Remodel Community Room, which included furniture and equipment.
• Roof repairs, new A/C units, water heaters and infrastructure.
• Remodel apartments as needed.
Improvements at Rim Country Health have also included two important joint projects with the Mogollon Health Alliance to better serve the entire community:
• Opening of the Dialysis Center with DaVita; and
• Providing space and other assistance with the Level III Cardiac Rehab program (MHAX III Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Program).