Gosar And Staff Unresponsive

I am writing to urge your readers to vote against Paul Gosar for re-election in the 4th Congressional District.

I take this stance for one and only one reason: the inefficiency and lack of communications of his congressional staff to his constituents.

If Dr. Gosar is not able to effectively manage his staff, then he is not competent to represent me and all other citizens in his district.

On Nov. 3, 2013, I sent a message to Dr. Gosar’s office in Washington through his official U.S. House Web site. I asked a simple yes or no question: did Dr. Gosar favor or oppose a certain House Resolution. (At this point, the specific resolution is not relevant.) On Dec. 6, I finally received an e-mail letter that completely dodged my question and offered nothing but propaganda about how great a congressman he is. I immediately replied back, stating that he did not respond to my original question, and that I still want an answer.

Well here we are, almost four months from my original inquiry, I still do not have an answer to my question.

Pardon the dental joke Dr. Gosar, but getting you to answer a simple yes or no question is worse than pulling wisdom teeth!

This November, I’d sooner vote for the Communist Party candidate than for Dr. Gosar.

Lawrence Hoffenberg

Comments

Mel Mevis 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Glad to see someone else has the same issue. I sent him a request for information on his position on a specific issue. Same response.

He will not get my vote.

Ted Paulk 5 months, 2 weeks ago

I talked to this man, but he did not listen. Only interested in his own agenda and making a career by being a big teabagger.

Ronald Hamric 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Better a "Tea Bagger" than a gutter rat Democrat. How's the wife enjoying that "tea bagging" Ted?

Dan Haapala 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I like Representative Gosar. I have not had the same problem as the two previous respondents, in fact quite the opposite. I have asked his opinion on several topics and he has given it. I have not asked for anything specific to be done for me because that's for me to do myself. My Representative in Washington will stand with my Beliefs and Stand for the Constitution to protect my Beliefs and my Freedom and so far he has done just that. I share him on Facebook, I get his email letters and I recieved personal correspondence. I believe he is a good man and a Great American and he'll get my vote until he proves himself to be something else. I doubt that will happen.

Just saying.

Judith Hunter 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I bet you get the same form letter that my mother and I get every time we call with a concern. His staff is usually rude to boot! Our family won't vote for him either.

John Wiechmann 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I have not asked for anything specific to be done for me because that's for me to do myself. Is this supposed to imply that the people who got no response from the corporate owned Gosar were asking for the wrong thing?

Please fill us all in on what you "do yourself" in regards to local issues.

don evans 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Let me say this about that> I sent an email request to Gosar asking him if he would sponsor or support a Congressional Ethics Investigation of US Senator Dianne Finestein based on the following: It was recently learned that the United States has entered into a contract with one firm to sell 56 buildings that currently house U.S. Post Offices. The government has decided that it no longer needs these buildings (many of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country).

The sale of these properties will bring in billions of dollars and, with that, millions of dollars in commissions for the one Company that is in charge of handling the sale and negotiation of the new leases.

What makes this such a matter of concern is that the company that the Government has contracted with to conduct the sales (and the corresponding leases for the new locations of the displaced post offices) is owned by Richard Blum. Does that name mean anything to you? Maybe it should be re-phrased and say that the person who owns the company that is solely in charge of this multi-million-dollar transaction is Richard Blum the husband of California Senator Finestein. (Note the Senator does not use her husbands last name???) The Senator is retiring soon from politics. Nice Golden Parachute self gift for her.

To date, I have received no reply from Gosars office. It's been a month. I do get regular emails about his activity's in Congress and various bills etc.

Ted Paulk 5 months, 2 weeks ago

That's because your concern with Feinstein is a non-issue...even for the liberal hating Gosar.

H. Wm. Rhea III 5 months, 2 weeks ago

I have to say that when I email his office, I do get a response. I have been writing, and sometimes cursing my politicians in every state I've lived in since I was 18 - a long time ago. I have to say that all of them, Democrat and Republican, have always respond quickly, no matter how I was treating them - and that includes Paul Gosar.

Garrett Hawkins 5 months, 2 weeks ago

As a member of Rep. Paul Gosar’s staff, I can say with absolute certainty that this letter was misleading and completely misrepresents the facts. As Mr. Hoffenberg stated, he wrote Rep. Gosar about a specific bill on November 3, 2013. However, he mistakenly referred to a house bill by number, when in fact he meant to refer to a house resolution that had the same number. Thus, as he admits, he got a response from Rep. Gosar but it was precisely on the matter he misidentified - not on some "unrelated matter" as he states. That was his error but, when he wrote back, Rep. Gosar's office corrected Mr. Hoffenberg's mistake. He got a personal letter directly from Rep. Gosar's legislative correspondent. Thus, it is factually incorrect to state that he did not get a response - he got two - or that the response he got was on an unrelated matter. Both replies were directly related to the issues Mr. Hoffenberg raised.

Garrett Hawkins, Press Secretary, Congressman Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S.

don evans 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Follow up: I have very recently received a very gracious and positive response from the Congressman's Office staff with respect to my individual concerns posted above. Mr. Paulk could only hope that no Congressional corruption investigation occurs with respect to the Senator Feinstein using her influence to gain government contracts for her husbands corporation, currently, and in the past. The end result lining her own pockets with millions of tax payer dollars. Mr. Paulk has stated that it is a non issue in his mind. Kind of speaks volumes doesn't it. And he says his friends want him to run for Mayor of Payson. Thank you Congressman Gosar...