Payson Regional Medical Center is expanding primary care access to Tonto Basin. Residents living in the area no longer have to drive 30 miles to see a doctor. Rim Country Family Care – Tonto Basin Clinic will open at 186 E. Stephens Way in Tonto Basin Wednesday, Feb. 5.
Teresa Corrigan, FNP-BC, a board-certified family nurse practitioner, will see patients on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the clinic from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Nurse practitioners have been providing primary, acute and specialty health care to patients of all ages and walks of life for nearly half a century. Nurse practitioners are clinicians who blend clinical expertise in diagnosing and treating health conditions with an added emphasis on disease prevention and health management.
In her day-to-day practice, Corrigan will be able to:
• Order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays.
• Diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, infections and injuries.
• Prescribe medications and other treatments.
• Manage patients’ overall care.
• Counsel and educate patients on health promotion and disease prevention.
• Perform minor procedures including suturing of minor wounds.
After graduating from Indiana University School of Nursing, Corrigan worked as an R.N. for 18 years before completing her master’s degree as a Nurse Practitioner at State University in New York. She is married and has two sons.
Her clinic accepts most insurance.