The lack of sleep can lead to all kinds of problems — from short tempers to brain fog to stress to actual health issues. So, to address these problems and present ways to solve them, the sponsors of the annual Women’s Wellness Forum are making sleep the focus of the event Saturday, March 29.
The program is from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Payson High School. The day starts with a 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. warm-up qigong session with Penny Navis-Schmidt. A continental breakfast is served before the keynote speaker, humorist Bobbie Staten, takes the PHS Auditorium stage. See what to expect from Staten in the article below.
Following Staten’s program, participants will go into breakout sessions throughout the morning, then break for lunch and a chance to check out all the information and material provided by vendors.
The breakout sessions include:
• The Path to Headache Freedom with Dr. Kristi Gill, DO
• Toxic Sleep with Yvette Thorson, Deborah Rose-Ellis and Heidi Kueny
• Use Your Computer Safely with Ray Baxter
• Release Your Power of Movement with Richard Staudt, MOT, OTR/L
• The Bottom Line on Hormone Replacement Therapy with Dr. Cynthia Booth, OB/GYN
• Live Health with Diabetes with John Hancock, RN
• Relieve Stress to Improve Health and Happiness with Shiranda Deerwoman
• What Beauty Sleep Does for You, Dr. Alan Michels, MD
• Gluten-Free in Your Kitchen with Christine and BJ Bollier of Vita-Mart
• Sleep Apnea and Cardiac Issues with Dr. Salvatore Gillette, DO
The $15 registration is due by March 21 at the Mogollon Health Alliance, (928) 474-2588. Participants select three breakout sessions assigning the numbers 1 and 2 to their preferred programs and 3 to their chosen alternative. Those interested may provide a “scholarship” of $15 in addition to their own registration fee so that their neighbors who might not be able to afford the program can attend.
The Healthy Woman program of the Payson Regional Medical Center and Mogollon Health Alliance sponsor the annual Women’s Wellness Forum. Numerous other supporters contribute to the event as well.