February 11, 2009
What is known as the Pieper Mansion on Historic Main at the corner of South McLane, was built about 1893 by August and Wilhelmina Pieper. It became the center for Payson social life around the turn of the century.
Stories this photo appears in:
Chapter 13:Payson’s first developers
The first persons to earn a living from real estate in Payson were August and Wilhelmina Pieper. Their story begins with Mrs. Pieper’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Boske, who fled Germany’s tyrannical government in 1880 and came to America.