February 11, 2009
This poured mud-adobe house was built for Henry Sidles in 1881 and was later purchased for a home by the Piepers. It remains the oldest standing structure in Payson.
Stories this photo appears in:
Chapter 13:Payson’s first developers
The first persons to earn a living from real estate in Payson were August and Wilhelmina Pieper. Their story begins with Mrs. Pieper’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Boske, who fled Germany’s tyrannical government in 1880 and came to America.