Photo detail

August Pieper

Stories this photo appears in:

August Pieper and his brewery

RIM COUNTRY HISTORY

Payson became a town in 1882 and obtained its first post office and held its first rodeo in 1884. On the heels of this, in 1885 it appears that Pinal Brewery made its way in some form to Payson. A deed dated July 12, 1885 shows a transaction between Charles Bohren (Grantor) and Fred Rechenmacher, August Pieper, Frank Bissig, and Carl [sic] Soyer (Grantees). It states that the grantees are “partners doing business under the name Pinal Brewing Co.”

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.