November 11, 2009
These two school buildings stood on Payson’s Main Street, where the parking lot for the Community Presbyterian Church is today. One of the two buildings was for the grades, and the other was the high school.
Stories this photo appears in:
Chapter 30: The Class of 1927
In 1927, the Payson School graduated its first class from a new high school curriculum. There were two graduates. The high school classes were held in one of the two clapboard buildings near the corner of Oak and Main Streets, where today the Community Presbyterian Church has a parking lot.