September 9, 2009
The original building that housed the Payson Womans Club was made from two smaller buildings put together. It served as a social center and meeting place until the Womans Club built the larger building that stands today on Main Street. This original building can be seen along the American Gulch, behind the old Connolly cinder block stores on Main Street.
Stories this photo appears in:
Chapter 26: A sun dial and a women’s club
In the year 1920 Payson’s first civic organization was created and it was all about a sundial.