Photo detail


Four hours after a Bonita Creek house fire was put out, flare ups were still occurring Thursday morning. Fire officials said the fire quickly engulfed the home just before midnight and likely started due to a fire in the fireplace. The homeowner escaped uninjured.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Two-story Bonita Creek home burns

A homeowner escaped with his life but little else Wednesday night when a fire destroyed a Bonita Creek log home. Flames as high as 70 feet were seen shooting from the two-story home nestled in the forest northeast of Payson. It was about 11:30 p.m. when authorities believe a fire in the home’s fireplace spread into the living room, quickly catching a nearby Christmas tree on fire.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.