Photo detail


Fire crews quickly doused a Payson kitchen fire on Thursday despite the long distance to the nearest fire hydrant.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Cook’s nightmare

Wife rolls her wheelchair-bound husband of 50 years away from burning home

A lifelong passion for cooking went up in smoke Wednesday night with a bag of frozen french fries. Eilene Lucas, 74, said she was preparing dinner for her husband Bill before the television show “Survivor” started at 7 p.m. when an untended pot of oil caught fire and quickly spread to the rest of the kitchen.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.