Photo detail

There was significant damage to the stove area and the rest of the building due to heavy smoke, heat and firefighters pulling down paneling to access the attic.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Stove hood prevents fire from spreading

Laid off fire marshal spends his last day investigating fire at Mandarin House

Officials say an updated cooking stove hood system likely saved the Mandarin House from burning down Friday morning.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.