Sil and Darlene Egler celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with family and friends at a dinner-dance at Mazatzal Casino. They were married Oct. 26, 1957 in Manchester, Mich. Both were employed by S.S. Kresge Co. in Ann Arbor, Mich. They raised four children and are blessed with eight grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. In August 1968 Sil and family were transferred to Phoenix to open the first Kmart in Arizona. After 39 years Sil retired in January 1988 and moved to Payson. Sil and Darlene are active members in St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church, Knights of Columbus, St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank and Payson Elks. Their motto is “Spend time with Family, Friends and have Fun.” Their children presented them with a family trip to Hawaii to celebrate this milestone anniversary.
Front Page Stories
- Mayor returns choice to mask wearing
- Second annual Olde Main Street Day moving forward
- Fantasy becomes reality at Legends of the Rim
- Arizona is a vote by mail leader
- County still fails to meet two school reopening benchmarks
- Gila County making one last push to bolster Census count
- Biomass: The budding of a new industry for Payson?
- County offices moving to make way for demolition
- Oct. 5 last day to register to vote in general election
- It is time for trout fishing at Green Valley lakes
Click 'Letters to the Editor' section headline above for full selection of latest letters to the editor
Click 'Guest Comment' section headline above for full selection of latest guest comments