Dan and Rose Gerard met in April 1946 while Dan had just been discharged from the U.S. Navy after World War II. They married Sept. 7, 1947 and had a big wedding ceremony in Long Island, N.Y. they raised four children, have 14 grandchildren and several great-grandchildren. Dan retired from a plumbing and heating business, moving to Payson in 1982 and volunteered his plumbing services at the Senior Center on West Main, then he and Rose volunteered for the Payson Police Department, as well as with many other area organizations. They are enjoying their retirement and living in the great town of Payson.
Front Page Stories
- Lots of Halloween activities coming up in Pine
- Pine is fine wine central Saturday
- Social Security announces 1.6 percent benefit increase for 2020
- Using song to bring the council together
- Just how hard is it to run out of the Tonto Natural Bridge?
- School board hacks away at thorny issue of weeds
- Banking on the override
- Why managing controlled burns is complicated
- Classic cars, great weather make for successful show
- New flying club celebrates milestone
Click 'Letters to the Editor' section headline above for full selection of latest letters to the editor
Click 'Guest Comment' section headline above for full selection of latest guest comments