Sil and Darlene Egler celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with family and friends at a dinner-dance at Mazatzal Casino. They were married Oct. 26, 1957 in Manchester, Mich. Both were employed by S.S. Kresge Co. in Ann Arbor, Mich. They raised four children and are blessed with eight grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. In August 1968 Sil and family were transferred to Phoenix to open the first Kmart in Arizona. After 39 years Sil retired in January 1988 and moved to Payson. Sil and Darlene are active members in St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church, Knights of Columbus, St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank and Payson Elks. Their motto is “Spend time with Family, Friends and have Fun.” Their children presented them with a family trip to Hawaii to celebrate this milestone anniversary.
Front Page Stories
- Lots of Halloween activities coming up in Pine
- Pine is fine wine central Saturday
- Social Security announces 1.6 percent benefit increase for 2020
- Using song to bring the council together
- Just how hard is it to run out of the Tonto Natural Bridge?
- School board hacks away at thorny issue of weeds
- Banking on the override
- Why managing controlled burns is complicated
- Classic cars, great weather make for successful show
- New flying club celebrates milestone
Click 'Letters to the Editor' section headline above for full selection of latest letters to the editor
Click 'Guest Comment' section headline above for full selection of latest guest comments