Dedicated staff across a wide range of departments and offices — Public Works, Health, Sheriff, Finance, Community Services, Probation, Juvenile Detention and Assessor — were in the spotlight at a recent Gila County Board of Supervisors meeting. The supervisors recognized staff with awards for their years of service.
Two ladies with the most impressive numbers are Sheriff’s Office staffer Beverly Valenzuela with 40 years and Administrative Services Jo Nelle Greenwalt with 35 years. Staff recognized by years-of-service included:
• 5-year recipients: Rahil Abou Saleh, Bradley Beauchamp, Joseph Bramlet, Cameron Cates, Stephanie Chaidez, Bethany Cheney, Teresa Chernov, Amy Farley, Christopher Hamiter, Michael Hill, Deborah Hughes, Betty Hurst, Daniel Irish, Christian Leos, Daniel Lowe, Jeff McClure, Steve McFarland, Krystal McWilliams, Paul Miller, Janet Ostrom, Patricia Pfeiffer, Brian Rogers, John Scott, John Shepherd, Archie Speer, Jeff Taylor, Rebecca Taylor, Allison Torres, Scott Warren.
• 10 Years: Brenda Cova, Jamie Cunningham, Emmett Dickison, Ramon Hernandez, Lisa King, Michael Lemon, Sharon Listiak, Joel McDaniel, Christopher McGroarty, Jolene Myers, Thor Nudson, Dorine Prine, Nancy Rutherford
• 15 Years: Estelle Belarde, Bethel Bennett, Christine Garrett, Athena Gooding, Rebecca Guadiana, Yvette Hoffman, Paula Horn, Brian Jennings, Mark Kaufman, Kelly Riggs, Robert Schuler, Terry Solberg, Jay Valenzuela, Sarah White
• 20 Years: Cynthia Castaneda, Svanhildur Jafetsdottir, Roilene Measeles, Jacque Sanders, Lynn Trimble
• 25 Years: Regina Miranda, Vicky Cruz, Tammy Guevara, Malissa Buzan, John Castaneda, Juley Bocardo-Homan, Ernest Davis, Debora Savage, Amelia Baxley, Timothy Scott
• 30 Years: Sylvia Hernandez, Denice Ripple