Gila Community College’s tuition will jump $5 a credit hour, according to the tuition schedule recently adopted by GCC’s Governing Board.
Regular tuition up to 12 credit hours will be $80 per credit, increasing $5 per credit hour from 13-15 hours, and capped at 15 credits. Even with the increase, GCC will still be $10 lower than EAC at $90 per credit hour.
The majority of students at GCC are part-time so few will be affected by the 12-plus hour tuition fees.
Dual enrollment student tuition will be $60 per credit hour. Only Payson and Globe offer dual enrollment to students.
The board approved extending the agreement with EAC and Gila Community College districts an additional six months to give all parties an opportunity to review the agreement long term.
Other items on the agenda included:
- Arizona State required annual conflict of interest forms.
- GCC intends to continue its long-standing agreement with Payson Church of the Nazarene to host graduation and nursing pinning ceremonies pending legal review as pertains to campus Freedom of Expression guidelines.
- The current lobbyist group will be retained for another year. (EAC has a separate lobbyist group.) The group represents the college district’s interests to the Legislature.
- Beeline Bus agreement is for one year from Dec. 1, 2018 to Nov. 30, 2019, with 12 stops each weekday on campus. The bus runs between Payson and Star Valley. The board discussed providing a canopy or shelter to protect students from inclement weather. The bus stop is located on the north side of the sidewalk toward the cosmetology and nursing skills area.
- GCC Payson formed a Freedom of Expression committee that includes three members, a representative from administration, faculty and the student body. This committee is in compliance with Gov. Doug Ducey’s mandated Freedom of Expression policy for Arizona campuses in accordance with House Bill 2563. The letter addressed to the speaker of the house, president of the senate and secretary of state’s office was delivered before the Dec. 1 deadline.
The board meets monthly and has both a work session and public meeting. The next public meeting will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019 at the GCC Payson campus.