The 21st Annual Community Health & Care Fair had more than 450 come out to the Nov. 2 event where 20 providers, clubs and organizations generously gave their time and talents.
Some of those participating shared the following comments about the event:
• Good — Got some questions answered and some health concerns.
• Especially appreciated Cindy Bryant and her alternative health solutions.
• Blood draw was fast and easy — Didn’t pass out!
• Found out my eyes are worse than I thought. Found out about opportunities in my health care.
• Very organized and beyond what I was expecting. Thank you so much for providing this to our community.
• I had pre-cancerous cells and the doctor froze them off.
• Lots of good people with lots of great information. I found out I have a skin cancer to eliminate.
• Very thankful for this opportunity to have this experience.
• Everyone was very helpful. It felt good to understand more about my body’s challenges. Thank you.
• Loved being able to talk to various providers under one roof.
• Blood glucose was fine. Vision in range. Oral cancer screening was normal. Ask the Doctor answered my question on orthopedic questions and other needs.
• Great: blood, breast exam, mammogram, heart and oxygen, blood pressure. Think I’ll live another day!
• Had a lot of tests done — great venue for everyone.
Another attendee shared the following, “It’s my first time to the Payson Health & Care Fair. I have been to Prescott’s Arizona Sonshine event. This is smaller and I didn’t need to spend a whole day, I like that. I had my bloodwork, myofascial done. I feel more flexible now and learned that my balance is good.
“I’m leaving here feeling healthy and good about my health. This gives me the information I needed to know about my health. I really love that you have healthy fruit choices for snacks, thank you! All of the people here have been really friendly and helpful, thank you for hosting this great event!”
• Anderson Dental
• Assured Imaging
• Banner Payson Medical Center
• Banner’s Cynthia Booth, MD, OB/GYN
• Gila Community College
• Healthy Perspectives
• Hospice Compassus
• LDS Relief Society
• Lions Club
• Payson Christian Clinic
• Payson Dermatology
• Payson Health and Wellness Center’s Bob Gear, NMD
• Payson Home Health
• Payson Masonic Lodge
• Payson Premier Dental
• Ponderosa Family Care’s Alan Michels, MD
• Rim Country Health
• Sonora Quest
• University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Service
Sponsors of the Community Health & Care Fair are: MHA Foundation, Banner Payson Medical Center, Rim Country Health, Payson Care Center, Hospice Compassus, Powell Place and Eastern Arizona Health Education Center.