On March 24th, Daniel Gerard Jr., loving husband father and grandfather, departed to be with the lord at the age of 96. He was born in Brooklyn, New York on January 22, 1925. Dan joined the Navy at the age of 18 and served during WWII with honor. He was married to his wife Rose for over 73 years. They raised two sons and two daughters. Dan enjoyed bowling, skating, the outdoors and playing the ukulele. Dan lived in Payson, AZ since 1982. Dan volunteered at the Senior Center, the Mesa Del Fire Department and the Payson Police Department. He was known for his great sense of humor. Dan is survived by his wife Rose, his sons Daniel III and John, his daughter Debbie, fourteen grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his mother, his daughter and two grandchildren. Memorial services to be announced.
Front Page Stories
- Planning and Zoning paves the way for 49 new homes
- Rent, utility help from county
- A busy start to the recreation season
- Event center set for paintball this Saturday
- County awards bid to improve more Mesa del roads
- Can giving people added health benefits actually save money?
- Gila County Recorder’s Office hosts coloring contest
- Weather Service predicts harrowing fire season in next three months
- Voting restrictions trigger furious debate at legislature
- Study: Precautions eliminate COVID risk posed by in-person classes
Click 'Letters to the Editor' section headline above for full selection of latest letters to the editor
Click 'Guest Comment' section headline above for full selection of latest guest comments